Re: Print to file - Postscript compatibility?

James Hughes (jamesh@interpath.com)
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:56:52 -0500

Aaron D. Turner wrote:

> I've been trying to use the print to file command to save a layout in
> PostScript and then read into a viewer with little success. Ghostscript
> just won't do the necessary conversion (though it works just fine with
> other PS files). Is Tk's canvas widget doing something funny?
>
> Tk 4.2
> Tcl 7.6
> Scotty 2.1.5
> GS 3.33
> Linux 2.1.28
>
> Has anyone successfully converted (without a screen capture or
> print->scan) a tkined file to another viewable format? If so how?
>
> Thanks

I sometimes use xv to grab the Tkined window, then crop/size it. You can
save it in several graphic formats or print it.

--

-James

Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.