Re: syslog question

Mark Newnham (mark.n@usa.net)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:53:33 +0000

> Hello everyone, I have a few questions regarding sending syslog messages:
> - is it possible/how do I specify the "facility" when I send a syslog message
> - is it possible/how do I send a syslog message to a host other than the
> local host?

You can send facility messages using the logger command (see man
logger)
You can forward messages to another host using the @host command in
the syslog.conf file (see man syslogd).

To pick up the facility code in tkined you need the enhanced syslogd
on the system running tkined (see the README with scotty).

I have sent you the "getting started" guide which explains using
syslog with tkined

Regards

Markl