Re: init.tcl file

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:56:39 -0600

>Sorry about the twenty questions...I am still trying to figure things out.
>
> o I created .../scotty/lib/tnm2.1.5/site
>
> o Added init.tcl and mib files to .../scotty/lib/tnm2.1.5/site
>
>I understand the site/init.tcl file gets read by standard init.tcl.
>I can't seem to get this to work. So here are my questions:
>
>How does standard init.tcl file get read? How does it know where to find
>the init.tcl file (standard or site)? What specific call do I need to add
>to my script for the mib to be accessible?

What is your $tnm_library set to? (puts $tnm_library)
In this directory is where you make the site directory. And in this
directory is where you put init.tcl

(You can run truss or strace on tclsh from another window and then do the
load of the tnm package to see this happening)

So, the site directory is at the same level as the library directory in
other words, and the two init.tcl files are at the same level in the directory
tree. The site directory isn't a subdir of library (that's probably where you
are getting confused)

>If in my script, I explicitly perform a
>
>mib load <mib file>
>
>then it works fine but I want the files to be auto loaded from this site
>directory so I don't have to load files individually. What do I do for
>this to happen??

The above should help.