Re: your mail

Lorenzo M. Catucci (lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it)
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 01:26:31 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Ross Warren wrote:

> If you get any answers I would like to see them too. Im getting
> almost the same thing on a Solaris 2.4 machine..

I hope this is of some general interest, therefore I send it both to
the list and to Ross.
I just got an interesting hint from
$ strace -o strace scotty
In my case, the problem came from expect's installation having left a
polluted pkgIndex.tcl, with this line:

package ifneeded Expect 5.21.7 "tclPkgSetup ${prefix}/lib Expect 5.21.7 {

instead of the right one, which should have read:

package ifneeded Expect 5.21.7 "tclPkgSetup /usr/local/lib Expect 5.21.7 {

Maybe it's my fault, since I wanted to use latest expect (to give up older
tcl-tk) with dejagnu; all ran, I made the regression tests for a couple of
programs, and forgot I used the hammer to put all in.

Hope this could help; and remember: use system tracers on the misbehaving
programs, before asking such questions...

(mea maxima culpa...)

Yours

lorenzo m catucci