Re: Executable Scotty for Sun OS 4.1.4

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:00:49 -0600

>I am looking for an compiled scotty shell, because on Sun Os it
>is very hard to compile scotty (on Linux no problem :))))
>I am using Sun Os 4.1.4 Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1
>The standard path is /usr/local....
>
>Who has compiled on nearly the same configuration and can send me
>his scotty file ?
>
>thanks (ted@fh-dieburg.de)

Have you checked the porting.notes file? It describes what you need to
do for SunOS. It's not too terribly hard, you just have to make sure
you have bind-4.9.3 or 4.9.4 (there's a lot of work involved to make
it fit with bind-4.9.5 because they changed a lot of symbol names).

I have a version of it, but its prefix is /opt/tcl7.5 and not /usr/local
which most people use. It helps me keep the tcl versions and trees organized
this way, and makes it consistant with our Solaris2 organization.