Re: problems

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:05:07 -0600

>Hi !!!
>
> I'm new network administrator in Academy of Economics. I worked on HP
>OpenView but I deleted this package and instaled Linux with tkined-1.4.5.
>I have few problems:
>
>1. What I can monitoring HP hubs , like in OpenView - I want see some
>details in hubs.

Ethan has contributed something called 'hubtools'
at http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~etgold/hphubtools.tcl
I also have some hub monitoring scripts specific for HP hubs at
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/doug/second.html that use scotty for
polling the hubs via SNMP

>2. Where I can want find some tools for tkined , for instance new MIB's.

Most any MIB should work fine. venera.isi.edu is a good MIB repository.
I have the relevant HP mibs at ftp.eng.auburn.edu:pub/doug