Re: Memory fault

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:01:55 -0600

>Dear,
>
> I had the same trouble of Len Smith and after I read the asnwer
>about using --enable-shared and comipled tk4.1 and tcl7.5, then
>re-compiled scotty-2.1.3. Now I have memory fault problem when I try
>to install all compiled staff. Of course, there is no warning and
>error message while compiling. The message says:
>
>Installing scotty2.1.3 and tnm2.1.3.so
>Installing ./../tnm/library/README
>Installing ./../tnm/library/dialog.tcl
>Installing ./../tnm/library/output.tcl
>Installing ./../tnm/library/snmp.tcl
>Installing ./../tnm/library/monitor.tcl
>Installing ./../tnm/library/obsolete.tcl
>Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
>/bin/sh: 1270 Memory fault - core dumped
>make: *** [tnm-install-library] Error 139
>
>Please give me suggestions. Thanks,

You don't say directly, but from your initial statement I infer you are also
on Solaris2 OS?. I would get scotty-2.1.5 as a first step and try that
instead (with tcl7.5), also, make sure your shell does not have any arbitrary
limits set that might be getting in your way.

unlimit stacksize
unlimit cputime
unlimit filesize
unlimit vmemoryuse