Re: Newbie Problem

D. Brian Kimmel (briank@alki.kimbro.com)
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 19:39:34 -0800

> Hi, everybody !!
> Does anyone know how can I make fork() in scotty , i. e. I need to
> call a programm(or tcl script, or something ) from scotty tcl script
> so that the "farther" script won`t wait till his child returns. A just
> start some new process working on it's own and continue to do my job
> in the parent.

I think I would use a 'job' command and run the script via it.
see 'man n job' (under linux) for all the details.

snippet ...

set curr [job current]

if {$Glo(debug) > 4} {
set jobs [job info]
puts " Job List=$jobs current=[job current]"
foreach job $jobs {
puts " Job $job = [$job configure]"
}
}
# Either start a job or reset the time on the existing job
if {$curr == ""} {
job create \
-command CheckDate \
-interval [expr [GetTtm] * 1000]
} else {
$curr configure \
-interval [expr [GetTtm] * 1000]
}

add -iterations 1
to execute the script just once.

Brian

--
D. Brian Kimmel               Kimbro, Inc.        Voice: (206) 937-8381
Seattle, WA  USA         http://www.kimbro.com        briank@kimbro.com