AW: 147% Interface load

Jochen Wiedmann (wiedmann@neckar-alb.de)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 20:07:14 +0100

Hello, Juergen,

> The calculation of the interface load is explained in the Simple
> Times, 1(5), November/December, 1992:

> http://www.simple-times.org/pub/simple-times/

> You can find the implementation in tnm/library/monitor.tcl. The only
> way to track the problem down is to make the calculation by hand and
> to compare the results. Check whether the interface type is recognized
> correctly because there are different formulas for full-duplex and
> normal links.

I modified the calculating part of monitor.tcl as follows:

if {$cx(fullduplex)} {
puts "Full duplex: $cx(ifDescr)"
set delta [expr $deltaIn > $deltaOut ? $deltaIn : $deltaOut]
} else {
puts "Not so full duplex: $cx(ifDescr)"
set delta [expr $deltaIn + $deltaOut]
}

To my surprise this gave the following output:

Not so full duplex: BRI0:1
Not so full duplex: BRI0:2
[ deleted ]
Not so full duplex: BRI7
Not so full duplex: BRI6
Full duplex: Ethernet1
Full duplex: Ethernet0

For now I inverted the "if" part. Any further ideas, why
the code is broken? (I didn't modify anything in the sources.)

Thanks,

Jochen