Re: Make Install Errors

Doug Hughes (doug@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 14:12:49 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Terry wrote:

> I am trying to install scotty 2.1.5 on SunOS edge 4.1.4 1 sun4m
>
> I am getting a successful make, but make install produces:
> edge# make install
> Installing scotty2.1.5 and tnm2.1.5.so
> Installing ./../tnm/library/README
> Installing ./../tnm/library/dialog.tcl
> Installing ./../tnm/library/output.tcl
> Installing ./../tnm/library/snmp.tcl
> Installing ./../tnm/library/monitor.tcl
> Installing ./../tnm/library/obsolete.tcl
> Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
> ld.so: Undefined symbol: __res
> *** Error code 127
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tnm-install-library'
>
> I have tried the suggestions listed in the mailing list archive to no
> avail. Does anyone have this running on SunOS and if so, wht are the
> secrets?
>
> thanks!
>
> -Terry

If you follow the instructions in the porting notes file you should
be okay. One thing to note - symbols have been changed in bind-4.9.5. If
you want to use that version, you will either have to change symbols in
bind when compiling or in tkined _res_init has an extra '_' I believe as
well as some other things. If you want the easiest way to get it working,
use bind-4.9.4 or bind-4.9.3 instead..