Re: Compiling and running tkined1.4.5 ...

Matthew Wilds Mauzy (mauzy@math.unc.edu)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:57:52 -0500 (EST)

> Matthew> I'm getting the following error when running tkined1.4.5:
> Matthew> can't find package Tkined 1.4
> Matthew> I've installed tcl7.6, (then tcl7.5), tk4.2, and
> Matthew> scotty 2.1.5. I've followed all the README's!!!! One
> Matthew> point ot make though: I have edited the destinations
> Matthew> of the make install's.
>
> You should know what you are doing if you edit the Makefile. Tcl is
> obviously not able to find the required packages. Either install in
> the default place or make sure to initialize the auto_path variable so
> that Tcl can find the package where you have installed it. (You can
> either edit the init.tcl file of you Tcl installation or use the
> TCLLIBPATH environment variable).

I found the problem. Either I had made a syntax error in one of the
installs or scotty1.4.5 doesn't like the most recent versions of tcl &
tk. Either way, installing tcl7.5 & tk4.1 and reinstalling scotty fixed
the problems. Thanks to all.

Anybody know of a icon depoitory (for Sun Sparc's, SGI's ..., other hubs ...)

--Matthew

Matthew W. Mauzy
Assistant Systems Administrator
Math Department @ UNC-CH