Re: Scaling Stripcharts

Dave Hayes (dave@kachina.jetcafe.org)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:05:26 -0800

Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> writes:
> You should change the foreach loop so that it extracts the handle for
> the object from the list that describes an object.

Am I correct in assuming that this is a bug in my understanding
of what gets passed to an interpreter's menu item? Can you explain
this, or is it in the documentation?

> Dave> 2) I'd like to make stripcharts display the line in a different color
> Dave> above a certain height (cool multicolor stripcharts). Am I correct
> Dave> in assuming that it would just take modifying DisplayStripchart() in
> Dave> tkiStripChart.c (plus a new GC for the color)?
> You probably also have to change FillStripchart. You will know once
> you start modifying the code. ;-)

Great. I'm not the worlds best X programmer, but I think that there
is only supposed to be one routine to draw the stripchart. Fill didn't
seem to have anything to do with it at first glance.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

Nasrudin found a weary falcon sitting one day on his window-sill. He'd never
seen a bird of this kind before. "You poor thing," he said, "how ever were
you allowed to get into this state?" He clipped the falcon's talons, cut its
beak straight, and trimmed its feathers. "Now you look more like a bird."