bones solariss 2.5.1 compiling problems

Damir Delija (ddelija@srce.hr)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:48:15 +0100 (MET)

> PROBLEM
>
> I have attempted to install scotty with the --enable-msql option (BONES)
> and have also tried installing sybtcl (seperately). Both give the
> following error message.
>

> sybtcl:
>
> o)
> curLine 0x458
> /usr/local/msql/lib/libmsql.a(config.o)
> curLine 0xd8
> /usr/local/msql/lib/libmsql.a(config.o)
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
> sections
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tnm.so'
>

> any help would be appreciated...
>
> -chad
> --

There is posibility that you have wrong option for compiler when it is building
tnm.so dynamic module, in fact contradictory options, you can try with -G options, something like

SHLIB_LD = /usr/ccs/bin/ld -G
as call for ld

I suggesst that you do somwthing simpler, last version of msqltcl can be
dinamically loaded so you can create msqltcl.so and than just upload it
in scotty when it is nesecarry. In that case you don't need add msql
in compiling proces of scotty. I think this is better method expecilay
afret tcl 7.5 version which force dynamic modules.

But there is also one other thing (I'have not yet check it
completely) but msqltcl code is not reaentrable, so some
parallel jobs in scotty and tkined can create havoc. Thre are works aronud
amd msql can ve very useful tool.

Damir Delija