Re: help!! [scotty2.1.5 build problem under SCO]

Brian Meagher (bmeagher@eurologic.ie)
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 10:34:47 +0000

Cameron Laird <claird@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote:
>In the meantime, though, Rafael, please be aware that diagnostics about
>"cross_compiling" often hint at misconfiguration. I recommend that your
>first step be to clean your directories thoroughly.

Just to expand on what Cameron wrote. If the problem persists after you
have done the cleanup, then it is almost certainly because configure thinks
that you are trying to cross-compile when in fact you just want to compile.
configure tries to compile & run a small program & will assume that you are
cross-compiling if this fails. I would suggest that you ensure that you have
a compiler installed & that scotty knows how to get to it.

BTW, in the past I have successfully built scotty-2.0.2 using gcc under SCO, but
I don't have access to a SCO system just at the moment to check out the details
for you.

Regards,
-Brian.

---