Re: About icon

Michael I Schwartz (mschwart@du.edu)
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 20:12:55 -0700

If you look in the IP-Layout script, you will find that it has a "Set Icon"
item. This mechanism uses DNS (primary) HINFO and SysDescription "guessing"
to identify the system type. If you have other ways of knowing, these are
quite easy to integrate as well. For instance, if you do not provide HINFO
in your DNS and don't use a consistent set of SNMP agents, but _do_ use
strict naming conventions, you can edit the script to get the type from the
name.

Michael
At 12:08 PM 12/26/96 +0700, Thra Bundechanan wrote:

> Can tkined know type of icon such as PC,UNIX-PC,or X-terminal
>,.... or I must know and change node by myself, Because after using IP
>discover , every nodes display in black Machine
>
> Any help will be appreciate..

Michael I. Schwartz "Be very quiet...for it goes
mschwart@du.edu without saying"
http://www.nyx.net/~mschwart The Phantom Tollbooth