Re: Problem with tkined1.4.5 on AIX - HELP

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 11:39:36 +0100

danielss@uhc.com (Scott Danielson) said:

Scott> I'm have problem getting tkined1.4.5 working on a RS/6000, AIX
Scott> 4.1.4 with Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1.

[snip]

Scott> When I run tkined1.4.5 I get the following error:
Scott> bitmap "icon" not defined

You can find many messages about this problem in the archive of this
list. The current version of the unix/porting.notes files says:

> AIX, various versions
>
> We received reports that the scotty package compiles fine on AIX but
> shows strange runtime behavior. We guess that this problem is actually
> a problem with the dynamic loader for AIX, which is part of the Tcl
> distribution. (We do not have access to AIX machines and can not prove
> this statement.) You might want to test the "Tcl plus patches" which
> include changes to the AIX loader. Please let us know if you get the
> scotty package running on AIX so that we can update this section.

The mailing list archive as well as the current version of the
porting.notes file can be found via a link from the scotty WWW pag:

http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@cs.utwente.nl http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw
Computer Science Department, University of Twente,   (Fax: +31-53-489-3247)