Re: View-window's background color, printing

Charles Owens (owensc@enc.edu)
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:52:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu> said:
>
> Charles> One way that I DO have that works fine is the xgrab
> Charles> tool. The only problem is that the view's background
> Charles> color is grey, not white, so my printer (color injet)
> Charles> has to cover the entire area of the printout. Is
> Charles> there a way (an X resource or something) to make the
> Charles> default background color white?
>
> Try adding "tkined*background: white" to your .Xdefaults or add
> a line like "option add Tkined*background white" to
> /usr/local/lib/tkined/site/init.tcl. Both solutions work here
> using tkined-1.3.4.

Thanks for helping me get v2.1.5 compiled on FreeBSD!! Worked without a
hitch!

Now, how do I do the above with v2.1.5? The methods you state here don't
seem to work anymore. :-)

Thanks,

---
  Charles Owens                                  Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X