Re: Problems Compiling Scotty

Youn (jyoun@waltz.kotel.co.kr)
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:08:30 +0900 (KST)

Kirk Rogers Writes:
:
: we have the latest code of tcl and tk. just pulled it from the ftp
: directories from the simple site. any other clues...maybe from the output?

Well, Tcl_CreatePipeline module is not supported in tcl7.6. The "changes" file
explains it has some bugs, so they decided not to support it any more.
please back out your tcl/tk and replace the operable version(tcl7.5/tk4.1) if
you have the latest one. I hope it may be helpful for you.

regards,
-jyoun
:
: ----------
: > From: Youn <jyoun@waltz.kotel.co.kr>
: > To: mfm@arinc.com
: > Cc: tkined@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de; kfrogers@gumby.sp.TRW.COM
: > Subject: Re: Problems Compiling Scotty
: > Date: Monday, October 28, 1996 4:43 PM
: >
: > mfm@arinc.com Writes:
: > :
: > : Tcl_CreatePipeline: referenced in /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.4.so
: > : *** Error code 1
: > : make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tnm-install-library'
: > : Enterprise-ROOT /usr/local/src/scotty-2.1.4/unix [518] >
: > :
: > :
: > : anyone know what I should do here? any help would be appreciated
: (sorry
: > : for the newbie questions)
: > :
: >
: > Please check your tcl/tk versions. The latest versions which can support
: > Scotty2.1.4 are TCL 7.5 and TK 4.1, which are not the most recent
: version(7.6
: > and 4.2) in TCL/TK.
: >
: > regards,
: > -jyoun
: >
: >
: > --
: >
: > Youn, Jinhyoun.
: > Internet Team, Multimedia Technologies Lab.
: > KOREA TELECOM Research & Development Group.
: >
:

--

Youn, Jinhyoun. Internet Team, Multimedia Technologies Lab. KOREA TELECOM Research & Development Group.