Re: Problems Compiling Scotty

mfm@arinc.com
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 11:44:46 -0500

All,

We ran into to same problem with scotty2.1.5 on Saturday. Have not had
time to investigate further, other than the error message said the
unreferenced symbol was Tcl_SetVar2.

Mike Marek

Subject: Problems Compiling Scotty
Author: "Kirk Rogers" <kfrogers@gumby.dsd.TRW.COM> at SMTPGATE
Date: 10/27/96 5:44 PM

hello all,
I am a beginner at this tcl/tk/scotty stuff so please bear with me while I
catch up to you all. I've successfully compiled and installed tcl and tk
into our solaris 2.5 system but am having problems installing scotty. I
would prefer running this on an NT station (please dont take offense
anyone) but I dont believe its been made available. so I'll have to
struggle through thee Unix version. after "gunzipping" and "taring" the
file I ran the "./configure" with the "--enable-gcc" option. so far so
good...then I ran the "make" and still everything appears to be running
correctly. now I run the "make install" here's where things are going
stray. the following is what is displayed:

Enterprise-ROOT /usr/local/src/scotty-2.1.4/unix [517] >make install
Installing scotty2.1.4 and tnm2.1.4.so
Installing ./../tnm/library/README
Installing ./../tnm/library/dialog.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/output.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/snmp.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/monitor.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/obsolete.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
initialization failed: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.4.so":
ld.so.1: ./scotty: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found:
Tcl_CreatePipeline: referenced in /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.4.so
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tnm-install-library'
Enterprise-ROOT /usr/local/src/scotty-2.1.4/unix [518] >

anyone know what I should do here? any help would be appreciated (sorry
for the newbie questions)

-kfr