Re: Add to list

Jake Garcia (jake@midnight.rt66.com)
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:40:07 -0600 (MDT)

As requested, I'm sending this as a little introduction as to who I am.
I've fooled around with tkined a tad bit, and am really interested in it.
The platform I've used it on is SunOS 4.1.4 on s SPARCstation 5. My home
system (which I'm attempting to install on) is a 486 Linux workstation
(kernel 2.0.9, and distribution needing an upgrade (soon)).

Anyhow, hello evryone!

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Helix Fairweather wrote:

> done. You might want to post your intro to the list.
>
> On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Jake Garcia wrote:
>
> > Hi! I'm a local Linux (soon to add in FreeBSD) user, and am currious what
> > goes on at these meetings. If you have a FAQ, I'm interested in receiving
> > a copy via email to the return address of this email. Also, please add me
> > to your mailing list. I'll probably pop into your meeting, also. Sounds
> > pretty cool!
> >
> > FYI: My background includes work as a Linux, SunOS, Ultrix, and BSDI/VAX
> > sysadmin, and UNIX software engineer. I currently run the Linux 1.3.83
> > and 2.0.9 kernels on a Slackware 2.2 distribution.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jake Garcia <jake@midnight.rt66.com> http://www.rt66.com/~jakeg
> >
> > Linux 1.3.83, XView 3.2 FCS Patch 1 (X11R6)
> > Jake using his LART: [Thump] "Ouch!" [Thump] "Ouch!" [Thump] "Ouch!"
> > Note to spammers: Spam me to receive your free 12MB uuencoded core in return!

Jake Garcia <jake@midnight.rt66.com> http://www.rt66.com/~jakeg

Linux 2.0.9, XView 3.2 FCS Patch 1 (X11R6)