Re: Problems compiling Scotty

Doug Hughes (doug@eng.auburn.edu)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 21:13:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Ernesto Cespedes wrote:

> I tried building scotty under SunOS 4.1.4, but have problems
> compiling it. Yes, I read the release notes including the porting.notes,
> carefully followed instructions, but still having problems.
>
> I followed the instructions specific to SunOS 4.1.X described in the
> porting.notes (Steps 1,2,3), but after making the changes I get
> the error:
>
> make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 380: Unexpected end of line seen.
>

> Here's what the Makefile looks like:
> scotty: tnm$(SHLIB_SUFFIX) ntping straps scotty.o
> $(LD) $(LD_FLAGS) $(LD_SEARCH_FLAGS) -o scotty scotty.o $(TCL_LIB_SPEC)
> $(LIBS) $(DL_LIBS) -lm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It looks to me like you have a carriage return here that shouldn't be.
Either join this line with the line above, or put a \ at the end of
the first line to tell Make that more follows on the next line.

> tnm$(SHLIB_SUFFIX): $(TNM_OBJS)
> $(SHLIB_LD) -assert pure-text -o tnm$(SHLIB_SUFFIX) $(TNM_OBJS)
>
> tkined: tkined$(SHLIB_SUFFIX)
> tkined$(SHLIB_SUFFIX): $(TKI_GENERIC_OBJS)
> $(SHLIB_LD) -assert pure-text -o tkined$(SHLIB_SUFFIX) $(TKI_GENERIC_OBJS)
>
> Any help and highly appreciated.
>
> -ernest

Doug Hughes Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin Auburn University
doug@eng.auburn.edu