Re: bad parameters in tkined 1.4.1 library.tcl

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:39:48 +0200

RHS Linux User <jroberts@slip18.xroads.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this has been brought up or if it's an installation
> problem on my end, but tkined spits out errors about -dstparty
> being a bad parameter when I do an SNMP Monitor using SNMPv2. I
> looked through library.tcl and indeed it does seem to be using
> random arguments that tnm/snmp/README doesn't mention as being
> valid. -dstpary, -srcparty, -context, etc...

Thanks for making me aware of this problem. This is code from the now
historic party-based SNMPv2 proposal. I removed this code and fixed up
a few related problems. I am not posting a diff here because it is not
easy to extract it from all the other changes (and version 2.1.2
should appear soon).
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@cs.utwente.nl http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw
Computer Science Department, University of Twente,   (Fax: +31-53-489-3247)