Re: Please help with enterprise MIB

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 17:56:45 +0200

zaitcev@lab.sun.mcst.ru (Pete A. Zaitcev) wrote:

> - echo mib load multibri.mib > $HOME/.scottyrc

Instead of "mib load multibri.mib" you should use the following command:

lappend tnm(mibs) multibri.mib

This makes sure that your new mib is handled in the same way as all
the other mibs. (Otherwise it is very likely that the load command
will prevent some auto-loading for requires mib files.)

> - open a SNMP Browser, get a message:
>
> multibri.mib:0: bad format in MIB header

The parser does not depend on the currently loaded set of MIB
defintions so this looks indeed strange. Feel free so send me the MIB
file in a private copy and I will try to determine if the parser of
the MIB file is broken.

> Can somebody give me an advice, how to get my MIB working with tkined?
> Alternatively, how to trace variable changes in scotty? I mean an
> equivalent of write(2,"XX\n",3);.

puts stderr "XX"

You should read an introduction into Tcl if you want to play with
scotty scripts. But your parser problem is not related to any Tcl code
since this is all done in C.
Juergen