Re: Trouble running tkined on Alpha

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 20:36:51 +0200

Ludger Kunz <kunz@bndiux04.dcnv.detemobil.de> wrote:

> i am using tkined and scotty on some Alpha Workstations.
> Version 1.3.4 ran fine, and now we are trying to use the
> new version (scotty 2.1.1 and tkined 1.4.1).
> But we are having some trouble. First, every time when

A patch for this problem has been posted to this list. See for the
subject "Stripcharts grows and grows" in the mailing list archive.

> Second, saving and clearing is taking fairly long, longer
> then with the former version. In addition the following
> message appears:
>
> scotty: lost connection to tkined - aborting
>
> Is someone getting the same problems? Any hint would
> be very helpful.

This is in fact a problem with Tcl channels. I think it is fixed in
Tcp7.5p1/Tk4.1p1.

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@cs.utwente.nl http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw
Computer Science Department, University of Twente,   (Fax: +31-53-489-3247)