Re: scotty 2.1.1 installation

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 15:35:51 +0200

Paulo Francisco Bastos Peres dos Santos <peres@csr-lpf.ibama.gov.br> wrote:

> This version of scotty requires tcl 7.4 and tk 4.1 installed first. I got
> these packages and also the patches.

Sorry, but the README file of scotty 2.1.1 says:

: 3. Compiling and installing Tcl:
: --------------------------------
:
: This release requires Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1. You will find the latest
: version of these packages at ftp://ftp.smli.com/ and many mirror sites
: around the globe.

Please read the documentation carefully - you can't mix Tcl7.4 and Tk4.1.

> I have tcl 7.3 and tk 3.6 already installed here and use them for a
> couple of jobs.

> My doubt is: What should I do first? I think I have to 'upgrade' from the
> earlier versions of tcl and tk to these new ones. Is that correct ?
> How to do that ?

Please refer to the Tcl/Tk documentation. The Tcl/Tk distribution
contains a good description how to install this software, there is
also a Tcl FAQ in the comp.lang.tcl newsgroup and there are a couple
of Tcl related WWW servers. You should be able to find the answer for
your questions there - this list is only for specific questions
related to scotty and tkined.
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@cs.utwente.nl http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw
Computer Science Department, University of Twente,   (Fax: +31-53-489-3247)