Re: MIB unload function?

Doug Hughes (doug@eng.auburn.edu)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 20:22:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Martone Mike wrote:

> It seems as if there may be some contention in my MIB files that is causing
> me to pull up the wrong values in a program. This isn't a problem since I
> only need one mib at a time, however, I dont know how to unload the old MIB.
> Is this possible?
>
> There are 2 MIB files and each has the MIB variable 'baudRate'. When I only
> load the appropriate MIB files i get the correct value, which is 1.4MB.
> When I load both MIB files the baudRate variable for the Low Speed board
> gets called first and I get the value of 'b300', which is incorrect.
>
> All help is greatly appreciated. (I am using scotty 2.0 with Tcl7.4)

The two baudRate's can't be in example the same position with the same
oid, so why not just make your call a little bit more specific. Instead
of asking for just baudRate, as for whatever.something.table.baudRate
until you find something that uniquely identifies the object you are
looking for.

Doug Hughes Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin Auburn University
doug@eng.auburn.edu