Re: "package" problems

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:29:26 +0200

blackert@leopard.cs.latrobe.edu.au (Tyson Blacker) wrote:

> I'm having trouble tring to get tkined to
> run, after fighting with files and paths for a week it
> compiled.

> when I try to run it the folowing error is given.

> invalid command name "package"

> I am using tkined-1.3.4
> tk4.0b3
> tcl7.4b3

Why are you still running beta versions of tcl7.4/tk4.0? The final
7.4/4.0 version appeared in June 1995 and the last patch for 7.4/4.0
appeared in November 1995. (We now have the first patch for 7.5/4.1.)

Beta versions are subject to change and if you use them for such a
long period, then you should know what you are doing. I don't have
time to provide help or even compatibility to all the beta versions.

Install an official Tcl/Tk version. It will save you a lot of time.

Juergen