Re: Need Help with a script scotty-2.0.2 / tkined-1.3.4

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 18:09:52 +0200

James Wells <nikatjef@montana.nwlink.com> wrote:

> Great. This works beautifully under tkined, however a few days ago I was
> further tasked with figuring out how to make this output available from a
> command prompt and keep a running log. Well all hell broke loose.

The scripts written for the Tkined editor are running in a very
special environment. There is no simple way yet to run the same
scripts on the command line, as you already know.

> How would I make this little toy run from a command prompt?

A very simple example could look like this:

#!/bin/sh
# \
exec scotty $0 $*

proc writeln {msg} { puts "$msg\n" }

set s [snmp session -address 134.169.2.1]
SNMP_Walk $s system
$s destroy

But I would suggest to take a look at the snmpwalk script in the
scotty example directory. You should take this script as a starting
base because it is self-contained.

Juergen