Re: solaris2 compile suggestion

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 22:24:22 +0200

Doug Hughes <Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU> wrote:

> I would suggest adding -R to TCL_LIB_SPEC Makefile variable
> followed by $prefix/lib (make it exactly the same as the -L
> flag). This will help people (like me) who use the --prefix
> option when compiling so that scotty knows where to look to
> find the loadable library at execution time, otherwise an
> undefined symbol will result.

Well, I do not like the idea to configure UNIX specific switches since
this makes the configure stuff even more complex. However, Tcl7.5p1
makes a TCL_LD_SEARCH_FLAGS variable available in tclConfig.sh which
points to the directory where the Tcl shared library is installed. I
changed scotty's configure script to use this definition. This will
make sure that the -R switch is set correctly as long as you install
scotty in the same directory hierarchy as Tcl.

Juergen