Re: SLOW initialisation on SunOS

Keith Dart (kdart@INS.COM)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:50:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Doug Hughes wrote:

> Did you configure with --enable-shared option? This is a good one.
> The first time you start scotty it will be a little slower as it loads
> the tnm dynamically linked library into memory. Each scotty thereafter
> will load very quickly. Typically, I don't even run scotty directly at
> all, prefering to run tclsh and dynamically load the tnm2.1.0.so library
> and any other library I might need (tclX, msql, blt, tix, etc)
>
> When you do an ldd on your scotty executable, what does it tell you?

Yes I did use --enable-shared. I suspected this might have something to
do with it. I'll also look into possible DNS lookups.
I'll also try the tclsh solution. Thanks for the tip.

Keith Dart email: Keith_Dart@ins.com
Network Systems Engineer 71011.3122@compuserve.com
International Network Services pager: 800-315-4145 or 800-INS-1-INS
650 Castro St. email-page: ins_Dart_Keith@metrocall.com
suite 260 voice: 415-254-0800
Mountain View, CA 94041 fax: 415-254-4288