Re: Getting labels to stick

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 15:26:10 +0200

Andrew Herdman <andrew@why.whine.com> wrote:

> When I create a strip chart or 100 I usually name them to what they are
> to more easily identify them. But every time I restart that particular
> tkined file, they all revert to showing the name as the IFload, and I
> have to tell them to put the label as the name again. How can this
> happen automatically?

This is a real problem. The current restart mechanism actually uses
the same code as when you start a job the first time. So it
initializes the labels again, which in your case is the wrong thing to
do. Removing the commands

ined -noupdate label $id ifLoad

from the start_ifload_monitor proc in the snmp_monitor.tcl script
should make you happy.

Juergen