Re: Proper way to write an original agent?

Tatsuo Natsukawa (natsu@natsu.itjit.ad.jp)
Mon, 01 Jul 1996 04:02:35 +0900

From: Ed Phillips <flaregun@UDel.Edu>
Subject: Re: Proper way to write an original agent?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:57:22 -0400 (EDT)

> The best way to minimize traffic with SNMP is to do as few queries
> as possible, and do them less often. An alternative, is to find another
> MIB or MIB variable that gives you the answer you need, with fewer and/or
> smaller SNMP exchanges.

I wish I had another MIB variable that gave me the number of open B
channels. Sometimes it makes me wonder why Ascend doesn't provide me
with one. Maybe I'm missing something...

> By the way... how is your Ascend box working for you? We were
> going to try to use Ascend and gave it up. We'd tried Shiva, and gave
> that up too. We are now using Cisco 752's and they seem to really work.

Our Ascend Max 4000 is working fine. We had some spontaneous reboot's
until we got a stable firmware, but now it is working fine.
Tatsuo Natsukawa natsu@itjit.ad.jp http://www.itjitnet.or.jp/~natsu/
finger natsu@natsu.itjit.ad.jp for my PGP public key