Re: Problem building scotty 2.1.0

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:14:29 +0200

barnett@grymoire.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) wrote:

> It is not clear where we are suppose to send bug reports.
> I hope this goes to the right spot.

This place is fine.

> Apparently scotty needs scotty to install scotty. Therefore we have to
> install scotty before we can install scotty. This is very
> frustrating.

Sorry, but this is a bug in the Makefile that slipped into the 2.1.0
version. It will be fixed in the first patch.

> We tried setting the TCLLIBPATH variable, but that didn't work.

You have to set TCLLIBPATH to the correct installation directory and
everything should be fine. Please try:

prefix=/usr/local
TCLLIBPATH="$prefix/lib/tnm2.1.0 $prefix/lib/tkined1.4.0"
export TCLLIBPATH

(Of course you should adjust the prefix as appropriate.)
Running scotty with the TCLLIBPATH set this way should solve the
problem.

Juergen