Re: SIZE in textual conventions

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:09:34 +0200

Andrew Yoder <ayoder@fore.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to determine what the "SIZE" restrictions required by
> a textual convention are given oid or simply the name of the textual
> convention?

> For example, is there any way to give scotty "DisplayString" and have
> it return 0..255, or given "DateAndTime" have scotty return: "8 | 11"

The current version can't do that. This is one of the limitations that
need to be fixed. I would be more than happy if someone wants to send
me patches for this. I am currently in Montreal at the IETF and I will
stay another week in the US afterwards and hence I am currently not
able to look at it myself.

Juergen