Re: Installation trouble scotty2.1.0

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 18:20:00 +0200

"Fozzy C. Dressel" <dressel@edvg.co.at> wrote:

> Would it be possible to get a binary snapshot (tar/cpio) for
> Linux/ELF/i486?

I don't think this will solve any run-time link problems. Note, Tcl
installations on Linux differ quite heavily (some have shared
libraries, some not, some systems need -lieee some do not, some
install in /usr some in /usr/local, etc.). Doing binary releases eats
up time and does not make the questios go away. And I do not want to
static binary.

If someone else wants to provide binary releases, thats fine with me.
But I am not going to do that myself (without getting any benefits
from doing so).

Juergen