Re: Installation trouble scotty2.1.0

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:18:04 +0200

rho@austria.eu.net wrote:

> Of course I followed the hints in the README and set auto_path to
> some reasonable values, but the best I get is

> Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
> initialization failed: couldn't load file
> "/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.0.so": multiple definitions of symbol

> Honestly, I do not understand what directory should be specified here.

Your auto_path is correct since the scotty binary already found the
tnm2.1.0.so package. I have no idea why loading the package fails. Do
you have any ideas which symbols have multiple definitions? I am
running scotty on my linux box without any problems (gcc-2.7.2,
linux-2.0.0 and libc-5.3.12).
Juergen