Re: How to compile tkined with TK4.1?

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Thu, 23 May 1996 11:24:20 +0200

Craig Rodrigues <craig@cyberplex.com> wrote:

> The TK people have buggered up TK by removing some key
> variables like tk_CanvasOption in TK4.1. Is there any way that
> I can get a successful compile or do I have to go through the pain
> of deinstalling TK4.1 and installing TK4.0?

You can either wait until scotty-2.1.0 is available (which includes
tkined and is based on Tcl7.5/Tk4.1) or you have to use Tk4.0. There
is no "simple" patch which allows to move from Tcl7.4 to Tcl7.5.

I expect that scotty-2.1.0 will be available before the end of May and
I also expect to have a couple of patches afterwards to fix bugs that
I have introduced over the last couple of months.

Juergen