Re: Misc. questions

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Mon, 6 May 1996 15:04:11 +0200

Hi!

"Bjorn J. Villa" <Bjorn.J.Villa@delab.sintef.no> wrote:

> 1.) How can I configure Tkined to use a different port than
> 161/162 ? When I run an agent which uses a port different than
> 161/162, Tkined does not find it.

The correct way is to define an alias for your agent. In one of the
scotty initialization files, add a line like:

snmp alias myagent "-address a.b.c.d -port xxx"

(Of course, you have to use correct values. See the scotty(1) man page
for more details.) Now you can create an attribute for a tkined object
SNMP:Alias which tells SNMP applications which alias to use (in the
example the string "myagent").

> 2.) When having altered values in a scotty agent sessions MIB-II
> using set command from a paralell scotty manager session, how can
> the agent save its new content of the MIB so that next time it is
> started it will load this ?

You have to define some bindings which will take care of this. For
example, write out a Tcl script that is sourced during agent
initialization and which sets the instances to the correct values.
There is no build-in support for this.

Juergen