Re: Unable to use IP-Discover

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 12:05:53 +0200

Hi!

Harichandran Sukerathavan <hari@scg.celcom.com.my> wrote:

> Since I have got that working, just want to solicit some opinions and
> suggestions on the following:

> 1. How would I use tkined to perform systems management i.e. disk
> utilization, CPU utilization etc.?

There is only very general stuff included in the various scripts. See
the IP-Monitor and the SNMP-Monitor tools. For more specific things,
you usually have to write your own scripts. Just take one of the
existing scripts contained in the scotty distribution and start to
modify them to fit your needs.

> 2. Can tkined support perl?

In principle yes. However, you have to write a perl interface which
implements the protocol which is used between tkined and its
applications. I have not yet seen such an interface but it should be
doable for an experienced perl hacker. (I tried once but I gave up
quickly because I do not understand much about perl.)

Juergen