Re: Scotty on linux

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 17:42:29 +0200

Hi!

David Livingstone <davidl@scdes.cn.ca> wrote:

> I have loaded up everything on my Linux machine but I am at a
> loss when trying to use scotty from tkined. Tkined works great
> until I access the scotty "tools". Specifically almost none of
> the scotty "tools" appear to do anything(ie no error messages or
> anything)

Perhaps you are missing some very basic point: Most of the commands
provided by the various tools work on the set of selected objects on
the tkined canvas. Make sure you have selected at lead one node.

> and I receive the folowing errors when running "make
> installcheck" from the scotty-2.0.2 src directory :

You can simply ignore these warnings.

> Previoulsly I had received the following error message from straps
> before I compiled the kernel to enable Multicast :
> straps : unable to join multicast group : Protocol not available

This is also just a warning - well you could not know that. :-)

Everything else looks fine. So I hope that selecting some objects will
get things going for you,

Juergen