Re: Scotty Compile on Solaris 2.5

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 15:50:37 +0200

Hi!

"Kubat, Philip" <PKubat@charter.com> wrote:

> I am trying to compile Scotty 2.0.2 under Solaris 2.5 both Sparc and x86.
>
> I have the same problem on both platforms. I did have the Sparc
> to complie under 2.4 (before a system reload)
>
> 1) Unless I use the --x-includes and --x-libraries with configure it fails,
> not finding the includes. (This worked under 2.4)

Sorry, I have no ideas what is going wrong here. I actually copied
the code to find the x-includes etc. from the Tk distribution. I will
have to check if there is a new version of this code out there.

> 2) I receive many warning messages in tcp.c, sunrcp.c tcp.c snmp.c
> ntping...etc... About variables not being used, etc... Scotty does
> compile but with there errors, I did not get these under 2.4.

The cc compiler on Solaris 2.5 does a lot more checking. I hope to get
most of the warnings fixed in the next version. For now, I would
suggest to ignore the warnings - they are not necessarily errors.

Juergen