Re: Modifying tkined

Bustamam Harun (bustamam@toystory.studio.sgi.com)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:46:25 -0700

On Apr 10, 4:00pm, Duncan Bruce Brannen wrote:
> Subject: Modifying tkined
>
> Hi,
> I'm new to this list and to tkined in general.
> I know a bit about Tcl and C and was asked by our sysadmin, who is
> using tkined with scotty to experimentally monitor parts
> of our network, if it was possible to cause tkined to beep/flash
> if certain values being monitored rose above a set level.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible as is?
>
> If not, has anyone tried this and can they tell me where to
> start looking at with a view to implementing this. I don't
> have much in the way of free time so if this would be quite
> complex/time consuming I'd appreciate knowing ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Duncan
>-- End of excerpt from Duncan Bruce Brannen

Take a look at the snmp_monitor.tcl in the scotty distribution, under tkined
directory.

The feature you are looking for is under the "Modify Job" option. Put some
values in the rising and falling thresholds, choose the action you wanted, and
voila :)

Name       : Bustamam Harun
Email      : bustamam@studio.sgi.com, bharun@netcom.com, bustamam@aol.com
Work Phone : (415)-933-6724, (415)-933-3287 (Fax)
Home Phone : (209)-833-0585, (209)-833-3967 (Home Office/Fax)
Homepage   : http://user.aol.com/bustamam/home.html (Java Enhanced)