RE: tkined as network inventory database

Justin Randall (jrandall@credrouter.limited.net)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 21:54:41 -0500

Yes, I have been considering a similar application. Unfortunately, I am =
in the same boat with you as far as TCL familiarity. I suppose this =
would be a wonderfull opportunity to learn how to use the language :-)

----------
From: Charles Owens[SMTP:owensc@enc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 1995 2:36 PM
To: tkined@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Subject: tkined as network inventory database

Has anyone done anything to enhance the usage of tkined as a full-blown
database for network equipment inventory? My first thought is to create
some scripts of some sort (of course, knowing tcl might help...:-) to
shoe-horn the object data from the map files into a msql database and
visa versa. Has anyone done this? Any comments?

I was close to buying one of those PC Windows network mapper programs
(ClickNet or NetViz) before I stumbled upon tkined. If I can get it to
handle my inventory-tracking needs then I couldn't be happier....

Please cc: comments to me directly, as I may not be receiving this list
yet.

---

Charles Owens Email: owensc@enc.edu "I read somewhere to learn is to Information Technology Services remember... and I've learned that Eastern Nazarene College we've all forgot..." - King's X -------------------------------------------------------------------------=