Re: Tkined 1.3.3: Help!

Aaron J Peterson II (aajpeter@intersource.com)
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:39:41 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> John Banghart <john@success.net> said:
>
> John> I just upgraded to Tkined 1.3.3 and Scotty 2.0.1.
> John> Unfortuantely, I can't seem to get the two to work together.
> John> I have added the appropriate line in my tkined.defaults file,
> John> and have placed that file in EVERY location that tkined is
> John> supposed to look for it. Depite this, the "tools" option does
> John> not appear when I start tkined.
>
> Please run tkined in debug mode (tkined -debug). You will see a lot of
> debug output including something like the following lines:

I found, after installing the latest and greatest tcl/tk/tkined/scotty on
a machine here at work, that (at least) ip discover and traceroute only
works if tkined is run from root! i.e., it would go through all the
motions, status window, etc., but then no icons would appear, and I'd get
a debug trace. I checked the perms on the accessory files; they appeared
to be correct, but I still haven't fixed it (no time). Some sort of
permissions problems, non-suid thingy that should be ??

Hmmm. I can get the output of the trace, if it's wanted.

--
Aaron J. Peterson
Senior System Administrator, InterSource