Re: Problem with strip charts

David Carmean (dave@west.net)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 22:02:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> David Carmean <dave@west.net> said:
>
> David> The biggest problem is that when I add charts for SNMP
> David> monitoring, and save the map, only *one* of these charts are
> David> running when I reload the map. Examination of the file shows
> David> that it is only leaving one of the calls to the
> David> snmp_monitor.tcl interpreter at the end of the file.
>
> I did some cleanups in snmp_monitor.tcl and obviously I made a silly
> mistake. Below is a patch for snmp_monitor.tcl that should fix this
> problem. (I should really know how lappend works right now.)
>
> Juergen

Hmm...this didn't change the behavior, though it *does*
answers my question on how counters are displayed :o)

It looks like the save {} process worked either way,
but either it's only invoked for the last job or each iteration is
over-writing the last. I don't know *anything* about tcl/tk yet,
but I get the feeling I will soon, 'cause this looks like a very useful
tool to learn and customize. Anyway...what calls snmp_monitor.tcl ?

Is it a loop control variable somewhere? Still looking.

David Carmean WB6YZM DC574 dave@west.net
WestNet Communications, Inc. (805)892-2133 (805)289-1000
PGP Key Fingerprint: CD 1C C1 15 3E E3 1D 41 ED C2 3E A8 D6 29 BD C4