Re: New log window format and color menu

John P. Rouillard (rouilj@cs.umb.edu)
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 13:03:31 -0400

In message <199508111545.RAA08374@data.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>,
Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:
>The ^K binding was indeed broken. I changed the keyboard short-cuts to
>avoid any problems with emacs bindings in the text widget. I am not
>sure that I will put the old style windows back in as I will prefer to
>enhance the functionality of the log window (e.g. searching in the
>text) and the space for new buttons is very limited of old style log
>windows.

Might I suggest a line of menu buttons (user configurable perhaps) at
the bottom of the log window. this way I could map dismiss to the
bottom right hand button and email to the bottom left hand button, and
melt/freeze to the middle bottom button. I could still gain access to
all of the menu functions such as searching etc, but have mouse
shortcuts for often used/time critical functions.

-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Administrator IDD Information Services
rouilj@dstar.iddis.com Waltham, MA (617) 890-7227 x337
(617) 487-3937 (Direct)
Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred) Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480