Re: SNMP Monitor

jerobins@unity.ncsu.edu
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 14:15:41 -0400 (EDT)

Andre Beck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using tkined to monitor an Ascend Pipeline 400 router, which has
> interfaces going up and down all the time (due to ISDN calls). Now
> I've set up SNMP Monitor interface load jobs and stripcharts for the
> interfaces I'm interested in. There was some hand-scripting necessary,
> as tkined won't display interfaces which are down, but I need this

We do this by doing the following:

monitoring variable:
internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus
with: threshold up

and changing the MoJoCheckThreshold procedure in library.tcl like
this:

if {$t == ""} continue
## @JER changed for checking of up or down status
if {$v < $t} {

!!! Note this hack will break most other kinds of SNMP monitoring!!!

Now to write a script to process those traps....

Have fun,
James

--
 James E. Robinson, III    |    http://www.cc.ncsu.edu/james