Re: Did IP Monitor/set parameters/syslog break in version 1.2.0?

John P. Rouillard (rouilj@cs.umb.edu)
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 18:22:24 -0500

In message <199502242110.WAA03047@data.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>,
Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:
>On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 22:00:43 -0500,
>"John P. Rouillard" <rouilj@dstar.iddis.com> said:
>
>John> I no longer seem to be able to get the IP monitor to syslog
>John> when a host goes unreachable. Has anybody else seen this?
>
>I removed this feature because some users did not like to see their
>syslog files filled up with messages about unreachable hosts. You can
>search for the two lines starting `# syslog' in ip_monitor.tcl and
>uncomment them.

Yeah, I realized that when I woke up this morning. I wasn't careful
about my cvs merge operation, so those changes weren't included. But
shouldn't the set options/syslog button enable the syslog feature?

Also shouldn't the set options intervals and notification method in
the ip_monitor be a per job rather than a per monitor issue?

-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Administrator IDD Information Services
rouilj@dstar.iddis.com Waltham, MA (617) 890-7227 x337
(617) 487-3937 (Direct)
Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred) Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480