Re: long term statistics with tkined

John P. Rouillard (rouilj@cs.umb.edu)
Sat, 28 Jan 1995 13:20:34 -0500

In message <199501281715.SAA03746@data.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>,
Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:

>On Fri, 27 Jan 1995 15:42:48 -1000 (HST),
>newsham@aloha.net (Timothy Newsham) said:
>Timothy> add attribute to group of entities
>Timothy> It would be nice to be able to group together a
>Timothy> large number of items and select "Add attribute"
>Timothy> and have the attribute added to all of these
>Timothy> items.
>
>There is already an add attribute, edit attribute and delete attribute
>menu in my tkined sources which modifies the set of selected
>objects. The idea was born when I started to think about the long list
>of ideas send by John P. Rouillard (I will comment on them later - I
>am still thinking about John's ideas).

Cool. BTW I figured out why I was having problems adding a group to a
group. I highlighted the objects in the group as well as the group
rather than just selecting the group itself. However once I got a
group within a group, it appears that the internal groups are not
expanded by default even if they were saved that way.

>Let me know if there is strong need to have this feature available
>soon as the tk4.0 version I am working on now will take some more
>time before it gets out of the door.

I know it would be useful for adding hooks to existing objects if
support for menu's or autoexecute scripts is added.