Re: anyone using netguard?

John P. Rouillard (rouilj@cs.umb.edu)
Mon, 07 Nov 1994 19:16:53 -0500

In message <9411072224.AA16523@angst.microunity.com>,
Eric Murray writes:
>I'd also like to do some statistics-gathering. Netguard looks like
>it'd fit the bill. However I'm having trouble with it. Besides
>some small tcl errors, i don't seem to be actually gathering anything.
>All the values are 0! Needless to say, this will make my graphs look
>very boring. :-)

When I fired it up under scotty 1.0, I got complaints about tkined
wrong response or some such error from the communicating daemons.

One additional thing. The changes to the snmp stuff in scotty 1.1.1
hasn't been propagated to netguard. I am starting on some of that
work, but it will be a while before I have anything decent.

>My question is: is anyone actively using netguard to gather stats?
>Is anyone maintaing the code?

Also, is this the newest release of the code? I somehow got the
impresion that it developed a bit beyond what was in the release.

-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Administrator IDD Information Services
rouilj@dstar.iddis.com Waltham, MA (617) 890-1576 x225

Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred) Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480